Restyling the story of three Yorkshire lasses who became global superstars.
about the production
Jane Hair is a heart-warming comedy set in a modern day hair salon where the Brontë sisters work alongside their brother Branwell. It offers audiences a chance to get up close and personal with the writers of Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre and those other books you’ve not read either.The three sisters are stylists with creative ambitions who just can’t catch a break and don’t dare to dream, no matter how talented they may be - because, well, ‘that’s just not what girls from Bradford do’.
about the artist
EXPLORATORY-BOLD-PLAYFUL-COMPASSIONATE We are a theatre company based in Yorkshire making high-quality theatre for audiences across the UK. We also create participation projects in the region and beyond. We love stories and we are passionate about sharing them. We embrace experimentation, collaboration and new ways of working and telling stories. We make work that aims to entertain, provoke conversation and encourage empathy. We are a small company with big ambitions.
width: 4 metres
height: 3 metres
depth: 4 metres
Full technical speci�ication will be made available in advance of the tour.
• Available throughout Spring 2020
• The show has 6 people on the road – 4 performers and 2 technicians.
• There is no strobe lighting, smoking or �ire used within the production.
• The show contains some strong language.
• The show runs for approximately 80 minutes straight through but can be discussed.
• Get in time: ideally 4 hours
• Get out time: 90 minutes
• Lighting using house desk, dimmers and lanterns. Please advise if any equipment
is not available from your spec.
• Sound playback through house system via Q Lab.
• Option for post
People who know nothing about the Brontë’s.
· Literary fans who know everything about the Brontë’s.
· People who do not consider themselves theatre goers.
· People who like stories about brilliant women doing fabulous things.
the great Andrea Dunbar; hers is the voice of a Britain we rarely hear – female, northern, working class, funny and furious.
Thank you @janehairplay for giving me that #FridayFeeling very warm & funny re-take on the Brontës ‘a creative dynasty rivalling the Kardashians’ featuring Lizzy G as Mrs Gaskell. Inspiring work that celebrates
The girls and young women loved it. Thanks for coming
If you are interested in bringing Jane Hair to your venue please
get in touch with us to discuss dates and a �inancial package.