A play about modern day versions of the Bronte sisters working in a Bradford hair salon whilst pursuing their creative dreams.
about the production
Buglight Theatre presents Jane Hair: The Brontes Restyled. Haworth’s Hair & Beauty is open for business! Stylists Anne, Emily & Charlotte Bronte are back taking bookings for an evening of sibling rivalry and literary debate in Bradford’s most creative beauty salon where the sisters cut, colour and style whilst sharing their hopes and dreams. Action unfolds over one explosive evening as the writers of Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre (and those other books you’ve not read either), find themselves on the cusp of huge success. But are The Brontes ready for global superstardom - and, more importantly - is the world ready for them as they
about the artist
EXPLORATORY-BOLD-PLAYFUL-COMPASSIONATE We are a theatre company based in Yorkshire making high-quality theatre for audiences across the UK. We also create participation projects in the region and beyond. We love stories and we are passionate about sharing them. We embrace experimentation, collaboration and new ways of working and telling stories. We make work that aims to entertain, provoke conversation and encourage empathy. We are a small company with big ambitions.
width: 6 metres
height: 5 metres
depth: 5 metres
• The show has 5 people on the road – 3 performers and 2 technicians.
• There is no strobe lighting, smoking or fire used within the production.
• The show contains some strong language.
• The show runs for approximately 90 minutes straight through but can be discussed.
• Get in time: ideally 4 hours
• Get out time: 90 minutes
• Lighting using house desk, dimmers and lanterns. Please advise if any equipmentis not available from your spec.Wehavesomelightswecantourtoruralvenues.
• Sound playback through house system via Q Lab.
The target audience for Jane Hair includes:
· People who know nothing about the Brontë’s.
· Literary fans who know everything about the Brontë’s.
· People who do not consider themselves theatre goers.
· People who like stories about brilliant women doing fabulous things.
‘This is about making the Brontës accessible and the oft-told tale is delivered in a way that is warm, quirky – and frequently very funny.’
Kat’s work has a humour, rootedness and truth that is reminiscent of the great Andrea Dunbar; hers is the voice of a Britain we rarely
Thank you @janehairplay for giving me that #FridayFeeling very warm & funny re-take on the Brontës ‘a creative dynasty rivalling the Kardashians’ featuring Lizzy G as Mrs Gaskell. Inspiring work that celebrates inspiring local heroes
Will be using audience engine for captioning. Will offer parent friendly performances.
• Option for post show discussion, writing workshops & community performances
Fee of £700 (negotiable)
Socially didstnaced audience
WE will take lateral flow tests and adhere to government guidance.