This is no ordinary shed and Sidney Waffles is no ordinary gardener…
about the production
Maisie is running from the bullies and thinks she’s found the perfect place to hide. But this is no ordinary shed and Sidney Waffles is no ordinary gardener… Inventor, explorer and winner of this year’s ‘Best-Veg-in-Show’, the potty flower-potter has made some unusual improvements to his allotment – Sidney has created the world’s first time travelling shed! Join Sidney and the bravest little girl in Windy-on-the-hill as they take a time-travelling journey to dig up the past and weed out the bullies! Bursting with historical hilarity, and prize-winning cabbages, Sidney’s Shed is Rhubarb's new show for gardeners of all ages!
about the artist
Rhubarb Theatre delivers creative, original and theatrical experiences to entertain and stimulate imaginations of every age. Formed in November 2000 by professional actors Philip and Kirsty Mead, Rhubarb Theatre tours internationally with a diverse programme of performances, street theatre, storytelling and workshops. Rhubarb have entertained audiences of all ages in schools, theatres, heritage sites, festivals and arts centres. They have toured to hundreds of venues across the UK and beyond, taken premieres to the nationally acclaimed SPARK Children's Festival and Sydney Contemporary Art Gallery and have been wowing the crowds at Latitude and Glastonbury festivals since 2012.
width: 5 metres
height: 4 metres
depth: 5 metres
The company can bring the full theatrical experience into your venue – we just need a hall space and a power socket - available NOW for booking!
• The show excites the imagination as adventurers from different generations play together - travelling through time, meeting new friends, learning about different people through history and having lots of fun.
• The show uses fantastically creative storytelling techniques and will be a perfect inspiration for creative writing.
• The show is suitable for children from 5yrs upwards.
• The show is an imaginative story, full of inventiveness, humour, masks, puppetry, songs and music, ideal for encouraging children to use their own imaginations.
What an amazing performance by very talented people, your imagination and invention is second to none.
We do hope they come back soon.
My children were totally riveted throughout
• All our shows and workshops are totally inclusive - no-one is excluded.
• There is an after-show chat with the actors so children can ask how & why questions.
• The show can be accompanied by a linking workshop for KS1 or KS2.
More info here: http://www.rhubarbtheatre.co.uk/index.php/slider-1/sidneys-shed/
You can book Sidney’s Shed for your school or venue for only £375 (+travel & VAT).
N.B. travel is calculated at 35p p/mile, to/from the Rhubarb office: LN5 0PF
Workshops are available from £50 and flyers/posters to promote the event at your venue can be provided for a small fee